Boat Reservation Systems
User Features and Benefits
- Easy to use -- Simple, intuitive, and unique click-to-reserve design.
- Configuratble for hourly and/or daily reservations. Any sets or groups of hours up to all 24 can be configured to be offered for reservations. Individual boats can have their own configurable set of available hours.
- Password protected so only you can make or cancel your reservations.
- Availability view is user configurable to show from one to 31 days of availability
information for all the boats and other resources in a group, starting at any specified date. Unlike other systems which show when a resource
is already reserved and thus force users to figure out when the boat they want is actually available, our system gives them what they really
need. They don't care so much to see when a boat is not available, they want to quickly see when it is available. Availability is displayed symbolically
and with color so it is easy to use regardless of how many reservations exist.
- Reservation view shows availability and existing reservations for a specific boat on
the day of interest and allows reserving, canceling, or wait-listing multiple hours or full days.
- Waiting lists. If the boat or other resource you want is already reserved you can put
yourself on a waiting list and, depending on the configuration, automatically
be assigned the reservation when a cancellation occurs or be notified
via e-mail when it becomes available.
- Make reservations up to two years in advance depending on the sponsoring organization's policy.
- E-mail confirmations of each reservation or cancellation are sent both to the member and the system manager. Members may have multiple e-mail addresses.
- My Reservations report shows all of your reservations and waiting list requests on one screen, and at the click of a button.
- One-click access to important details about each boat, including a picture.
- Available 24-hours a day and 365-days a year from anywhere you can connect to the Internet.
- Wireless access from your PDA such as a Palm Pilot, Handspring Visor, Compaq iPAQ, etc.
- Forgot your password? No problem. On request, the system will e-mail your password only to you. You may change your password at any time.
- No-spam policy. U-Reserve-It.com is committed to keeping your e-mail address private and will not sell or otherwise release your e-mail address to anyone.
- Members-only bulletin board provides a place to post messages, announcements, crew solicitations, items for sale, etc.
System Manager Features and Benefits
- Private - you determine in advance who may reserve your boats.
- Any number of members / users.
- Any number of boats.
- Any number of reservations.
- Low cost. Calculate what your cost will be by clicking here.
- First month free for your evaluation of the system.
- Monthly billing of a predictable amount, no variable costs, no surprises.
- Instant system creation 24 hours a day via our on-line order form. Your system can be up and running in minutes.
- 24-hour access by users plus elimination of double-booking mistakes, can increase utilization and increase rentals.
- Group your fleet by type, location, rental cost, or any other classification.
- Configurable to show or hide reservation owner names depending on who is viewing the reservations. All users may be permitted to see the names attached
to individual reservations or you may tell the system to show names only to the manager. If Bob Smith is logged in he would always see his name on his reservations but all other reservations would simply
say Booked instead of the member name.
- Optionally restrict individual member's access to a sub-set of your boats, such as those they are qualified to sail.
- Optionally limit the sum of future days of reservations by any member.
- Optionally limit reservation creation to a sliding period in the future, such as 90 days.
- Optionally prohibit reservation creation beyond a fixed date
- Add or remove boats and members, enable/disable individual boats and users, and configure the system on-line.
- Flexible support for instructors to reservations. Click here for details about instructor support.
- Configurable wait-list support allows you to choose to enable wait-lists and whether the system should automatically assign reservations to the first person in line or just notify everyone on the wait list when a cancellation occurs.
- Only you and your authorized members can see reservations in the system.
- E-mail confirmations of all reservations, cancellations, and other system activities are sent to up to two system managers.
- Public access is possible via an optional read-only view of boat availability. No login required. Put a link to your public access page on your web site.
- Policy page where you can list your policies for the reservation and use of your boats.
- News and Announcements page where you can post notices and communicate with your membership.
- System Statistics report lets you view activity and future demand and utilization of your fleet.
- Routine boat maintenance can be blocked out in advance on a boat-by-boat basis.
- Inhibit new reservations of individual boats if and when they are not available due to repairs or other reasons.
- Data export utility allows you to download data from your reservation system at any time for import into Excel, Access, or another database or application.
- Reservations for all boats on the current day
- All existing reservations between two dates
- Wait-list future (excess demand) report
- Wait-list history (unsatisifed demand) report
- Member details
- Resources in system
- System Statistics
- Instructor-linked reservations
- Reports can be sorted:
- Link to your web site if you have one.
- No software to install or maintain
- No advertising
- Free technical support
- Easily pays for itself